New Machine, High Core Count...

• Heyya! I just updated my machine to a shiny new one running Catalina, and I've noticed the AAX plugin seems to take a second to start processing? Catalina warns that 'it can't guarantee it's not malicious code' so I imagine that is just a matter of some updated codesigning? and lastly, The parallel processing on high core counts gets a little hard to read, see attached 🙂

I hope some of this is helpful 🙂

Picture of Core Count Window

• Hello Dustin,

Thanks for your message.

When do you get that warning? When opening ABDX Standalone or when pressing “Render” in the plugin?

I have Absentia DX 2.2.3 running on macOS Catalina 10.15.3 with Pro Tools 2020 and I wasn’t able to replicate them.

Could you please provide more details about your system, Pro Tools, and OS versions?

Thanks!

• Hi Facundo,
    I'm running ABDX 2.2.3, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.5, and MacOs 10.5.6, iMac 2020 (iMac 20,2)

The warning is gone; I had to go into System Preferences > Privacy & Security and allow ABDX to run.

When hitting render on the plugin in pro tools, it seems to wait a second or two before it begins processing (on the old system running 10.13.6, processing started virtually immediately)

I don't know if this is a function of how Pro Tools on Catalina handles background tasks or something... it just responds differently than on High Sierra.

Here's a link to a video. The cursor became a spinning beach ball while it was stalling, but that doesn't show up in the screen grab for some reason.

Thanks!

• Hello Dustin,

That can be normal depending on your system capabilities, processing, amount of resources used on the Pro Tools session, etc. I wouldn't say it's particularly related to Catalina as I had similar delay times running it on a machine with Mojave.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks!