Authorization

• Hi!
    I keep forgetting to deauthorize my desktop license so I can use it on the stage on my laptop. Is buying two licenses the best option in this case? Is it possible to remotely deactivate the license on my desktop machine? Would ilok licensing be a possibility in the future?

Thanks!

• Hi Dustin, iLok is expensive to adopt. LimeLM authentication is simple and inexpensive. I had to make a choice between value for the customer and expense. I also chose to create an AAX which offered better value. AAX is expensive due to the proprietary AAX SDK, there are very few professional AAX developers. I priced ABDX to pay for itself in one project, which I am told it does. Now I have to decide between great new features or iLok, and I would rather create new features than overpay for iLok.

Please let me know your thoughts.
    Thanks
    Rob

• Hi Rob! I totally get what you're saying. I only ask for ilok because sometimes I get on stage with my laptop and I've forgotten to deactivate my license at home and then can't use it on stage. Is there a way with the current authorization method to supercede a previous authorization with the most recent one? (aka I get on stage, enter my serial number, and it will deactivate my home authorization until I get home and switch it back from my laptop system?)

Thanks!
    Dustin

• We just launched 2.2 with Air Tone Generator (we need to improve speed on ATG). We'll look at the cost of implementing iLok and if customers are cool with the bump in cost we can implement it. iLok and AAX require C++, and unfortunately the pool for AAX developers is pretty slim. If you know any, please send them our way.

• For the price, I just bought a second license for my 2nd rig and all is well 🙂